Who is arctic tern (Sterna paradisea)?
A representative of Sterna genus (closely related to Laridae) which nests in arctic areas and wintes in regions close to Antarctica.
It also performs the longest migration routes in the whole bird kingdom, it travels more than 80,000 km every year.
- Bachelor / Master thesis
- Join our research team that focuses on life strategies of this amazing species.
- Write your bachelor / master thesis on topics such as:
- breeding ecology – incubation behaviour, breeding success, antipredatory strategies.
- monitoring of migration routes with use of the most modern technologies available.
- Furthermore, you can be part of an expedition to Svalbard, where arctic terns usually breed, and you collect the data directly in the Arctic.
If interested, contact Tereza Hromádková via her email email@example.com.
Other available thesis topics:
- Antipredatory behaviour of corvids
- Physiological response to fear
- Ecology of birds living in human settlements and agricultural landscape
- Red-backed shrike – antipredatory strategy, personality, and cognitive abilities
- Research of bird foraging behaviour